Saturday, November 24, 2012

Still Wandering...

Still chronicling the daily food adventures of my husband and I. For my earlier posts, see this blog
***
Hard to believe it's already Christmas shopping time. (I'm totally in denial). Thanksgiving even crept up on me this year. Work has been incredibly stressful lately, so I picked up a bowl of comforting noodle soup from Sichuan Express for lunch this week. You know it's a busy day when I didn't have time to eat more than half.  
 I enjoy the shrimp, bamboo shoots and edamame noodle soup, although the pork version is a little more smokey and has a deeper flavor profile. When I'm truly indulgent, I ask for the mabo tofu (#5) extra spicy. mmmm...
 My husband's colleague visited his office from Tokyo bearing gifts.
Packages of ramen noodles and soup base, two types of spicy Japanese curry mix, zosui in crab flavor.
 He even picked up some vegetable sauces and seasoning for chicken-burdock root rice dish. Felt a little like Christmas looking through the bag with all these natsukashii goodies.
Husband's Japanese Curry with pork belly, carrot, onion, potato, jalapeno.
My sweet husband threw together one of his specialties, Japanese curry and rice, for dinner this week. This was fantastic, and a great help since I was busy prepping Thanksgiving dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment