Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Angelika + Four Sisters = Fantastic Way to Spend a Saturday

My husband loves going to see movies on the big screen. I, however, got used to not watching movies during that period of insanity when I was working full time and attending graduate school at night. When I regained some free time, I found out that I disliked the interactive theater experience where people brought newborns to midnight R-rated movies or dirty movie theaters with people talking throughout the film. 
Enter the Angelika. 
It's everything I was looking for and more. You can reserve specific seats online, they have good food, the seats are comfortable and there is ample leg room. Most importantly, the bathrooms are clean.
 After finally watching Skyfall, we wandered over to Four Sisters for a late lunch.
I really enjoy Four Sisters, although we haven't been back in many moons because of the difficulty finding parking the last time we were out in Merrifield. It's been so long since our last visit, they built up a whole Town Center in our absence.
 Shrimp Toasts
Wrap the sections in the accompanying lettuce leaves with fresh mint and basil.
 Summer Rolls
 The husband ordered lemongrass pork bun.
Super fresh and delicious. 
I ordered #16, pork and shrimp noodle soup.
Top with bean sprouts, fresh lime juice, cilantro and basil. 
The broth is so unbelievably nuanced and really lovely. Truly fantastic revisit to an old friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment