Saturday, March 30, 2013

Sichuan Express Noodle Soup #4

The weather took a turn for the colder this week. I'm ready for the cold, blustery days of spring to finally make way for the warmer, sunnier springtime weather of normal springtime in Washington. To combat the cold, I decided I needed some noodle soup from Sichuan Express. The noodle soups have become so popular, you could be stuck waiting for a while if you head over during lunchtime. Trying to be strategic, I went there at 11:45 am. 
While I really like the shrimp or pork with bamboo shoots and bok choy, this time I tried a new one, the #4 with stew beef and vegetables.
The beef is marbled with fat, and the oil broth is spicy, with a nice hint of freshness from the cilantro.
It was nice, spicy and hot, but not my favorite. If I'm looking for spicy I think I'll stick with the mabo ramen.

No comments:

Post a Comment