Saturday, March 16, 2013

Yechon in Annandale

 The husband and I took a new acquaintance of his out to dinner at a Korea restaurant in Annandale. Since I'm still not digging the (Honey)pig and we had been to Lighthouse fairly recently, I suggested we go to Yechon. In my mind, the gastronomical analogy is that Yechon is like the older brother of Honeypig, plus we hadn't been back to Yechon in ages. What I had remembered is their array of banchan is impressive.
 Hello banchan.
 Japchae
 Panfried Mandu
 Hamul pajeon. 
I loved that the server cut it with a sharp pair of scissors. 
Nice bits of scallions and squid but a thinner variety than Lighthouse.
Grilled mackerel.
The husband liked this mackerel way more than the version at ToSokJip.
Mackerel is an acquired taste that I love. This version was nice, plump and well-cooked.
Special Galbi.
Since our table was space-constrained, we had them cook the galbi in the kitchen and not on the table. 
***
This was definitely more expensive than the Pig, but I really liked being able to order mackerel, japchae and bbq at the same place, and we didn't even dabble in any of the casseroles, soups or stews. We took the leftovers home and they were enough for a second meal for the two of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment