Saturday, April 26, 2014

Breakfast at the In-Law's House in Yokohama

The best part of visiting Tokyo on a business trip is the ability to see my husband's family who live in the Yokohama area. After a 35 minute JR train ride from Shimbashi to Higashi-Totsuka, and my in-laws met me at the train station.
my mother-in-law loves crab.
 Turnip (kabu) two ways. The turnip head is sliced and mixed with salt. The turnip greens are blanched with hot water and then mixed with salt and shoyu.
 New bamboo hearts (takenoko) and a Japanese vegetable I don't know the name of but is delicious.
 Tuna tataki topped with onion, and spicy green shoots with ponzu.
 Omelet with orange yolks.
We shared everything as well as salmon, takenoko rice and miso soup.
***
No one makes a breakfast like a Japanese mother. It was so wonderful to stay with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment