Monday, August 11, 2014

Finally Putting My Pottery Barn Catering Sets to Good Use

Amusingly I found out that my silverware catering set had two sets of forks and one set of spoons. Sigh. On the bright side, we always need more forks when entertaining. 
Grilled chicken with a cheese plate, shrimp cocktail, salad and Costco pepperoni pizza.
My brother and his family stopped by for the night with us on their way back north from visiting my sister-in-law's brother. I only get to see them once a year if I'm lucky, so it was a really nice surprise. Even we couldn't host them in the style we would like, such as beds for everyone, it was a great opportunity for my brother and his family to meet my husband's family from Japan. The kids keep growing faster than the speed of light, but it's a pleasure to see them becoming young adults who unfortunately tower over their aunt. 
 The hubs has been actively expanding his grilling repetoire. 
Before my brother's family departed, we prepared a cheeseburger lunch. The watermelons we have been buying lately are incredibly sweet and delicious. I put kimchee and Kewpie mayonnaise on my cheddar burger with sliced onion and tomato, and it was awesome.
 Spanish tortilla breakfast
After many mornings of delicious breakfasts cooked by my mother and sister-in. -law, I wanted to make something different for them to try. I made a Spanish tortilla with potato, onion and egg, plus mixed greens salad to go with the shrimp cocktail, blueberries and toast.
In addition, I made a chilled corn pottage soup with leftover grilled soy sauce corn on the cob.
We have been eating very well during August. I'm almost a little afraid to see how much weight I've gained.

No comments:

Post a Comment