Monday, August 11, 2014

GRK is Good but No Greek Deli

I'll admit it, the line out of Greek Deli was too long so I opted to try out GRK instead. I'm sure there's a number of other lunchseekers in the area who have done the same thing. It was good to try it out and the ample seating space is definitely a draw, but the taste doesn't hold a candle to the gyros at Greek Deli.
 Great packaging and I dig the options of chicken, pork or lamb/beef gyros plus choice of sauce. 
I'm positive GRK will do well. I just don't hope it does so well that it hurts the small businessman a few storefronts away.
Lamb/Beef Gyro
Hands-down, this is a decent gyro, and definitely more ample and satisfying than the Greek joint in International Square plus Greek Deli gyro. That being said, it doesn't move me in the same way that the Greek Deli gyro does.  
Greek Deli Gyro
I like the cucumber, onion and tons of tzatziki sauce. Flavor is great, and the other dishes on offer at Greek Deli are really good, almost large enough for two meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment