Saturday, July 13, 2013

Adventures Down Under in Brisbane

After 23.5 hours of flying and airport time, I arrived down under in Brisbane for the wedding of my best friend. Last time I visited was after I finished my MBA program and in the early days of dating my now husband. 
How to order a coffee in Australia: Long Black
Perhaps Australians take their coffee a bit more seriously. No hot carafes of black coffee here. A Long Black, of equivalent of regular black coffee in the U.S., is hot water and a double espresso. 
Late lunch while shopping in the city for last minute bits and bobs for the wedding.
Beef wrap with spicy fries.
Chicken Schnitzel with salad and spicy fries with a side of mushroom gravy.
Corner Cafe in Tarragindi.
Lovely little shop with pastries, sandwiches and coffees. 
***
The hardest thing to get used to, was the lack of tipping in restaurants, although the cafes often had a little cup out for tips. I was also advised to not bother collecting my coffee dishes together on the table and looking for where to put them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment