Saturday, July 13, 2013

Home Cooking in Brisbane

I've been to Brisbane twice before this visit for the wedding, so there was no need to set out on any touristy expeditions. Instead, as an organizing whirling dervish whose skills were honed in my MBA program, I was there to roll up my proverbial sleeves and help out the bride and groom. Let's just say that opposites attract. My friend is loaded to the hilt with Excel worksheets and lists. My friend's fiance is well, good-intentioned, but neither known for timeliness nor effective at combating procrastination. There were photos to print out and put into frames, errands to run, and ceremony rehearsal to be walked through.
There was also lots of lovely wintertime foods to be enjoyed. I was remiss in taking photos of the massive buffet of pumpkin soup, roasted pork, lamb, beef and chicken, salads and vegetables from the birthday dinner for her brother. Let's just say, I was duly impressed. Another missed photo moment was red wine braised lamb shanks with lamb jus and creamy mashed potatoes made with the bride-to-be, fiance and fiance's brother.
Beautifully breaded and panfried chicken cutlets.
Eggs Florentine with a lovely hollandaise sauce for breakfast on the wedding day.
I really need to learn how to poach eggs.
Mid-Prep Wedding Beautification Lunch
There is something really lovely about chewy multigrain bread, sliced cheese, gorgeously ripe tomato and lettuce.
Everything is Better on Skewers
Chicken Satay and BBQ Chicken skeweres and beef kabobs with vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment