Sunday, February 24, 2013

Overwood Old Town Alexandria Brunch

We went out to brunch Sunday morning in Old Town before heading to the grocery store. The husband loves blueberry pancakes, and I love the Eggs Chesapeake at Overwood. We headed there this morning and I stepped outside the box. The husband always orders two brunch dishes, which generally surprises the server, but he always manages to eat both with ease.
 Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes
Perfect, light and fluffy.
 Fried Chicken and Biscuit with Mushroom Gravy
Instead of poached eggs, I embraced my inner Southern child and went with the fried chicken. The biscuits are massive, as is the fried chicken breast, which was perfectly cooked. While I liked the mushroom gravy, I think it needed some sage or to be a little creamier. If you have a chance, you need to order this.
Overwood Breakfast with sunnyside up eggs and bacon.
***
Any day I can start off with a delicious brunch with my husband is a fantastic day. Hope everyone had a delicious one! Post-grocery shopping, I prepped our Sunday night dinner and hit the gym for some quality NCIS viewing and treadmill time.

No comments:

Post a Comment