Sunday, February 24, 2013

Saturday Breakfast

I love Saturdays. Especially Saturdays without plans until later in the day. I slept for nine hours and wow what a different being well-rested does for my attitude in the morning. The husband, however, is an early rise. I think he enjoys have a few hours of peace and quiet all to himself. After finally waking up, I made our breakfast. 
 Snowpea Tips
Using my newish wok, I sauteed garlic in hot oil and added the snowpea tips. After a brief saute in the hot wok, and I added some oyster sauce, tossed the tips and voila. Smoky flavor and still a nice crunch.
Kimchi Tofu Soup with zucchini, red pepper and scallions.
***
I used up the last of the fresh kimchi we picked up from Super H Mart a few weeks ago. This is a great and versatile soup that you can add rice, ramen noodles or udon noodles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment