Saturday, August 17, 2013

Celebrating the end of the week at Gom Ba Woo

Despite August being generally a quieter month work-wise, the husband and I have been busy in our respective offices. For the first time in as long as I've known my husband, he's taken advantage of working alone in the office by wearing business casual outfits. I think he might be more productive without a tie on. To celebrate the end of the work week, we hit up one of our favorite Korean restaurants. We haven't had Korean food in quite a while, so the hubs was super excited. We ordered more than normal, but packed up the remainder for lunch the next day.
The steamed mandu are fabulous. I need to figure out what is in the dumpling filling. It's so good, flavorful but nuanced. My favorite stew is the yukke jang, very spicy with lots of great vegetables and shredded beef brisket. The hubs also ordered a hamul pajeon, which is good but not my favorite version in Annandale.
The hubs ordered the galbi tang, with chunks of beef and lots of scallions.
The hubs really loves a good yukke jang, so about halfway through our bowls, we switch so he can enjoy some. With some cold soju and Cass beer, we unwound from the week and enjoyed a nice dinner together.

No comments:

Post a Comment