Saturday, August 17, 2013

Siroc Lunch with the Husband

August is generally less busy in DC with Congress on recess and the think tanks taking well-deserved vacations. With a lighter schedule, the husband and I were able to take a nice lunch together at an Italian place he has been to before for business dinners. Siroc does get pretty loud when the room is full, so we made a reservation on the early side. 
Lamb sausage with rapini with a red wine sauce.
There was a bit of spicy chili oil as well, and this small plate had a lot of flavor. I loved it.
Burrato with roasted red peppers.
Really light and packed with bright but subtle flavor.
Handmade black pepper tagliatelle with seared scallops.
This was lovely. The noodles were toothsome and the portion size was surprisingly large. I overheard that you can even order a half portion size of the pastas. As it was, I took half of the pasta home.
Spicy handmade spaghetti with shaved bottarga and tomatoes.
Bottarga is dried cod roe and a super intense flavor. The husband liked  it.
Almond cake with blueberries and a cinnamon cream sauce.
***
This was my first time at Siroc and I really liked the food. The service was professional, although it was a bit odd that all of the servers were female. The husband thought the experience was better at dinnertime when he went previously for business dinners. I thought the small plates had a great mix of flavors, and had I known you could order a half portion of the salads and the pastas, that might have changed my order a bit. Although the husband is not a super fan of lamb, I loved the dish. It was fantastic with the rapini, although would also be fabulous with a creamy polenta.

No comments:

Post a Comment