Saturday, August 10, 2013

Hong Kong Palace Reunion Dinner

I seriously have the sweetest husband. After a long day of meetings in NY, I attended the company's summer cruise around New York harbor, made a pit stop in the 43rd Street Uniqlo to pick up some omiyage for my husband, and took the train back to Washington. My husband came to pick me up at Union Station. Not only did he meet me at the train station, he also cleaned our apartment and did two loads of laundry. Super wonderful and so grateful.
He let me pick which restaurant we would go grab dinner from, and I chose my Sichuan favorite, Hong Kong Palace in Falls Church. We just wished the roads were a little better out towards Seven Corners.
Cold Noodles with Spicy Sauce
We tried a new appetizer this time, and this dish is truly a winner. The cold noodles have a great toothsomeness, and the spicy sauce has a different spice profile than our go-to dan dan noodles.
Dan Dan Noodles pre-mixing
Beef and vegetables in spicy broth
They have toned down the spice level quite a bit since we have been coming here. I think we need to indicate we'd like authentic spicy. This is still one of my favorite dishes, but it needed an extra tablespoon of hot pepper power and more sichuan peppercorns.
Mapo Tofu with pork and leeks
Still good, this was probably the spiciest of all the dishes.
***
Fantastic welcome home reception and dinner by my sweet husband. Even better, he loved his new Uniqlo t-shirts with One Piece and Fist of the North Star designs. I even heard a rumor that a Uniqlo store is scheduled to go into the new City Place development, which would be fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment