Sunday, November 24, 2013

Mala Tang

I love Sichuan food. I think the hubs prefers Peking duck or panfried seafood noodles, but I am a huge fan of the spice and heat of Sichuan. Instead of heading to our normal joint, Hong Kong Palace, we tried out Mala Tang in Arlington.
Spicy cold noodles.
The noodles have a great toothsomeness.
I like the special sauce bar. Cilantro with scallions, ground Sichuan peppers, soy sauce, sesame oil.
Steamed dumplings with ground beef.
Dandelion greens and watercress.
We ordered the spicy mala broth for our hotpot. Mala Tang offers the broth in individual serving-sized pots. I thought that was silly and we would be better served by sharing. The one downside, the pots are so tiny it takes much longer to cook all of the ingredients. We chose soft tofu, bok choy, mala beef, with the two plates of greens. Delicious. We would have been fine with one less dish of greens.
Bizarre message for a Fortune cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment