Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sunday Night Dinner

Today we were both busy with workouts and enjoying the weekend. From the apartment, I ran to King Street metro, which clocks in at 2.5 miles on the revamped spur off of Huntington Avenue through Eisenhower metro area. After a quick metro trip to the airport, I caught up with a good friend, hitting the Mount Vernon trail and Four Mile Run trail. After returning home, I had a relaxing bath before cooking dinner.
Meatloaf with roasted brussels sprouts and mashed potatoes.
I turned to one of my favorite food blogs, Simply Recipes, for a flavorful meatloaf recipe. You start off sauteing a sofrito of celery, onion and diced carrots. After the sofrito cooled down, I mixed it with two eggs, panko, ground beef, ketchup, soy sauce and worcestershire sauce. Baked for 60 minutes at 350F, this turns into a flavorful and moist meatloaf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment