Tuesday, June 24, 2014

District Taco M Street Takeout

My husband had to work late to check a video conference connect with his company's HQ across the world. He had been so busy working, he skipped lunch. Being a nice wife, I went out to pick up something for us to have for dinner before the connection check. Remembering how much we enjoyed the District Tacos we shared, I checked out the newer location on M Street.
Burrito Mojado with barbacoa (shredded beef).
This was a beast of a burrito, which is topped in a spicy sauce with cheese, sour cream, lettuce and tomato.
District Taco has a fantastic salsa bar that puts Baja Fresh to shame.
The ones that are labeled spicy are super fiery. 
The burrito is filled with a generous portion of rice and beans as well as the meat.
***
I ordered two sets of three tacos Mexican style (with onions and cilantro) on corn tortillas. The cashier kept looking at me and saying American style and then the completely wrong protein. She also never handed me a receipt. I knew something was funky when the total was quite a bit higher than I had expected. I had ordered three pollo asado (grilled chicken) tacos and three carne asada (grilled steak) tacos to share with the hubs. Each of the three tacos were wrapped individually and then wrapped together in sets of three.
The unexpected trio of al pastor tacos with pork, guajillo and pineapple
Carne Asada taco
Pollo Asado taco
Not pretty but very tasty.
***
Obviously this was way too much food. The hubs made it through the burrito and ate two tacos. I had one each of the three varieties and called it a day. The seasoning and heavy hand with the salt put me into a deep food coma as I struggled to say awake. Since they were in the other room chatting with Tokyo, I gave up and fell asleep. Two tacos may be my max. We took home the rest and they were a tasty breakfast the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment