Sunday, June 1, 2014

Italian at Coredo in Motomachi

With my in-laws, we took the train from Yokohama to Nihombashi in Tokyo to check out a few new shopping areas called Coredo and Coredo 2-3. It was nice to window shop, but it was also ridiculously crowded. One store I was super surprised but pleased to check out, was Imabari Towel. I lived 30 minutes away from Imabari when I was an Assistant English teacher in Shikoku. The hubs and I have a pair of towelkets from Imabari Towel which are fantastic. After shopping, we went to have dinner at a restaurant in the Coredo shopping area. I requested Italian, although I was pretty certain any place we went would be pretty good.
Salad to share.
Appetizer of bread with mozzarella and anchovies. Ridiculously good.
Octopus in red sauce.
Super thin crust mozzarella, tomato and basil.
Super thin crust pizza with four cheese including blue cheese.
The spaghetti vongole was sold out, so we went with a shrimp and arugula pasta dish.
Delightful gorgonzola cheese penne.
***
Delicious meal and really priceless to spend time with my parents-in-law, sister-in-law and her husband and son. I only wish my husband had been able to join us.

No comments:

Post a Comment