Saturday, April 20, 2013

Hong Kong Palace Spice-Seeking

Following the major thunderstorm, the weather changed and the temperatures had fallen back into the 60's F. While I did a long workout, the husband put in some serious time at the golf driving range.  We decided to head over to Hong Kong Palace for some spicy Sichuan.
Dan Dan Noodles
The sauce is on the bottom, so you have to mix the noodles, pork and spinach with the spicy sauce. I prefer the saucy version at Sichuan Pavilion on K Street better.
Zhong Dumplings
Beef and Vegetables in Peppery Broth
This is my favorite dish at HKP. Love the spice level and numbing effect.
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic
Tea-Smoked Duck (1/2)
I saw an article about this dish, and the lengthy preparations. It sounded intriguing so I suggested we try it out. While I liked it, the husband was a little less enamored with it. He really loves the duck at Peking Gourmet Inn, so this style with the smokiness was less appealing to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment