Saturday, April 6, 2013

Pie Sisters in Georgetown

Pie Sisters in Georgetown offers a compelling dessert alternative to those cupcakes down the street, or other alternatives. Walking back towards the Key Bridge with the the latest of the MBA newlyweds, we saw the line at Georgetown Cupcakes had grown even longer. I suggested looking in at Pie Sisters, which is next to the Cafe Tu-O-Tu Express place. Cafe Tu-O-Tu has fantastic caprese paninis that I highly recommend.
Pies are in mini-cupcake size or full-sized pies.
Berry Jumble and Apple Pie minis.
Key lime pie and cherry pie minis.
According to my friends, the pie has a lovely, light and flaky crust.
In addition to some fabulous pies, they also have a lovely rabbit. What more could you want?
***
My friend was kind enough to purchase two mini pies for my sick husband. I selected apple pie and a chocolate bourbon pecan mini. He liked the apple but loved the choco-bourbon-pecan. He felt it was a special flavor you cannot find just anywhere. If you're in the area, definitely stop by this cute shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment