Saturday, April 6, 2013

Less than $10 Dinner for Two

I like to economize. Some times we splash out on dinners out or takeout, but when we have a nicely stocked refrigerator full of fresh produce from Super H Mart or our other haunts, I like to see if we can eat well without racking up super high grocery bills. This meal was a winner. Not only did it feed two for dinner, but I packed up two bentos for our lunches. 
Sauteed Snow Pea Tips with soy sauce, sesame oil and fresh ground pepper.
Sauteed Watercress with garlic, soy and sesame oil
Sliced pork tenderloin in oyster sauce with mushrooms, onions and scallions.
***
Served along with some brown rice I cooked in our cute little Zojirushi rice cooker, this was a nice meal. By using the thin pork tenderloin that I sliced myself instead of the boneless pork chops, we definitely saved some money and also ended up with a nice juicy pork. I marinated the sliced pork tenderloin in oyster sauce and soy sauce. The onions and mushrooms were sauteed separately first, then the pork and then mixed together in the wok.

No comments:

Post a Comment