Friday, April 19, 2013

There's No Such Thing as a Free Lunch

One of the few things that stuck with me through the years from my undergraduate business classes is that there is no such thing as a free lunch. There's always a cost associated somehow, whether it's through the time that is utilized when you could be more productively engaged in another activity, or some other price. 
Grilled salmon, grilled chicken, rice pilaf, salad and a buttermilk biscuit at PIIE.
***
Interested in learning how Moodys creates their scoring rubric for sovereign bond ratings and always learning something new at Peterson's events, I attended a luncheon event this week. The event lasted four hours, which is longer than most of my lectures. In addition to the educational discussion and the high quality lunch buffet, the highlight of the event was the casual chat I had with the nice visiting economist at my table. 

No comments:

Post a Comment